Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Job ID: R80433
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. We are a team of full stack engineers with in-depth DevOps expertise. Our programming languages has been Java, Python, and Scala, and we are big fans on building products using Open Source packages (Spring Boot/Batch/Scheduler, Airflow, Spark) and Inner Source Components (Bogie, Quantum, etc). We are also closely aligned with best practices of agile software development such as pair programming, mobbing, test-driven design, trunk development, and frequent and incremental code deliveries.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- Have a portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 6 years of SDLC experience using Java technologies
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 1 years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master’s Degree
- 4+ years’ experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, RESTFUL APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON
- 2+ years experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies: lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or
- 1 Year of Spark experience
- 1 year of experience with configuration management tools lAnsible, Docker or Mesos
At this time, Capital One will NOT sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.