Transportation Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60631
Who we are: Stanley Consultants helps clients globally with complex challenges in power, transportation, water and environmental for utility, industrial, higher education and local, state, federal and foreign government agencies. We are ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and among the Top 225 International Design Firms. Founded in 1913, Stanley Consultants has over 1,000 members in 30 offices worldwide and has worked in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world. Wide Range of Service Capabilities: the services we provide include planning, design, permitting, construction management, program management and alternative project delivery. Our Purpose, Vision and Core Values: our passion for problem solving drives creativity and innovation, creating bold solutions for our clients. We inspire powerful minds by embracing a global mindset, diversity and the training to build skills that stretch the imagination. Member-Owned Company: our commitment to member (employee)-ownership, sharing responsibilities and rewards, and contributing to our communities has sustained us for more than 100 years. Our members hold themselves personally responsible for client success and the progress of the firm.
We are currently seeking for a Transportation Project Manager for our Chicago office. The successful candidate will have project management experience with the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois Department of Transportation. Project management experience with the City of Chicago and local agencies in the greater Chicago area is a plus. This entrepreneurial individual will provide project management on all types of roadway transportation projects including roadway studies and design, drainage and utility systems, preliminary and final design, preparation of construction documents, cost estimates, project scheduling, and overall project management. This position requires project management experience with the agencies and municipalities mentioned above including, local and Primary Systems projects with emphasis preliminary design, final design, bidding, and letting procedures. Must be able to work effectively and communicate regularly with municipal clients; federal, state and local agencies. Transportation Design Project Manager with IL DOT and Tollway PM experience required and local agency PM experience a bonus. Experience with a consulting engineering organization and a proven track record of successful transportation project development and design. This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, and resources; mentoring young staff engineers, assisting in transportation market business development and participating in professional organizations and technical committees. Essential Duties include:
- Evaluates client needs and identifies requirements.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Assists in the development of marketing strategies for proposed transportation projects.
- Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress.
- Familiarity with Geopak Civil Engineering Suite, including Open Roads SS4 Technology or Open Roads Designer experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with computer assisted engineering and design software including Microstation.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Participates in project scoping and fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, sub consultant involvement, and progress billings.
- Forms a project team and sees that responsibilities are assigned and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Meets with client management as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and to obtain approvals at the project’s completion.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience; 5 years of experience at the Project Manager level.
- Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Experienced with local municipal design methods, plan preparation, standards and specifications.
- Established relationships with IL DOT and Illinois Tollway
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects, multi-disciplined, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring and client liaison skills
- Working knowledge of design software used to prepare engineering and design documents would be a plus.
- Experienced in and fully capable of using the Microsoft software suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Business Development experience
- Business acumen including negotiation skills.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.