Sr. Leader, Solutions Architecture (Global Life Sc
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with skilled Solutions Architects focusing on Global Life Sciences (GLS) customers. Working in collaboration with the GLS sales team, you will drive growth across a broad set of customers in this vertical. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects!
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer-facing and technical skills of your team. In addition to technical knowledge and leadership experience it is important to have a solid understanding of the Healthcare and Life Sciences domain, including regulatory and compliance guidelines and customer impact. You will help team members ramp up on AWS and develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our Services Teams, Marketing, Business Development and the broader Solutions Architecture Organization, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Travel: Open to domestic travel up to 30%
- As a key member of the GLS Solutions Architecture team, ensure our customers’ success in building and migrating infrastructure, software and services onto the AWS platform
- In partnership with the sales and business development teams, formulate and execute a strategy to drive successful customer outcomes
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS Solutions Architect community, especially those in HCLS
- Create and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- 8+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
- 8+ years experience in Healthcare and/or Life Sciences domain
- Experience presenting to executives, IT Management, and developers
- Technical degree required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age