Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61108
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking ideal candidates who have past experience supporting Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery efforts or have experience in professional disciplines incidental to disaster recovery with a preferred background in engineering, science or archaeology. We are looking for consultants who are available to join our team for future deployment to locations affected by natural disasters.
Hanson has been supporting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on disaster response and recovery assignments by providing engineering evaluations of damaged public infrastructure, cost estimates, debris monitoring, and environmental services.
Performing FEMA Public Assistance is a noble undertaking and great opportunity to give back. You will work helping communities, schools, cities, hospitals, libraries, departments of transportation and organizations recover from disasters. FEMA PA provides you with an opportunity to see how cities and state agencies can work with you to help them secure grants and rebuild. You will be an integral and essential part of this process and will learn many unique skills to help these applicants move ahead.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for progress and innovation.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Structural engineering is a field of engineering that deals with the design of structural systems with the purpose of supporting and resisting various loads. Though other disciplines touch on this field, a physical object or system is truly considered a part of structural engineering, regardless of its central scientific or industrial application, if its main function is designed to resist loads and dissipate energy. Structural engineering is usually considered a specialty discipline within civil engineering, but it can also be studied in its own right. A structural engineer is most commonly involved in the design of buildings and non-building structures but also plays an essential role in designing machinery where structural integrity of the design item impacts safety and reliability. Large man-made objects, from furniture to medical equipment to a variety of vehicles, require significant design input from a structural engineer. Structural engineers ensure that their designs satisfy a given “design intent”, predicated on safety (e.g. structures do not collapse without due warning), or serviceability (e.g. floor vibration and building sway do not result in discomfort for the occupants). Structural engineers are responsible for making creative and efficient use of funds and materials to achieve these goals.
- Evaluate the eligibility of disaster-related damages, facilities, work and costs.
- Develop Damage Descriptions, Scopes of Work essential to the formulation of disaster recovery grants.
- Support production of detailed, organized reports and reviews.
- Develop and communicate processes and procedures and methodologies that streamline disaster recovery efforts.
- Must be prepared to operate in an intense, dynamic, challenging work environment and be experienced working in a team atmosphere but also able to deliver independently.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based upon the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of this specific disaster work in and throughout the Continental US Territories, selected candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with FEMA
- Completion of required FEMA training courses
- Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work, candidate must have excellent communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to details; ability to process work accurately
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members, clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of client and project team
- Must be willing to travel and mobilize on short notice
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully pass a comprehensive FBI background screening (credit record, criminal record, tax history, criminal felonies, misdemeanors, DUI/DWIs, bankruptcy, tax or other financial evasion)
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the obtainment of a FEMA badge. In order to pass the FEMA security process, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- No convictions or criminal history (including DUIs)
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a good credit rating
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS