Senior, External Reporting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Senior, External Reporting
- Job ID .#:35054
- Position Type:Full-Time
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:5 – 7 Years
- Location:US-IL-Lake Forest
- Functional Area:Finance
- Relocation Provided:
Position Description:The Sr. External Reporting is considered a highly visible position within Stericycle and will be responsible for: • Support and lead the SEC / US GAAP external reporting (For 10K, 10Q, etc.)
• Oversee timely completion and compliance of international statutory reporting and audit requirements.
• Collaborate with the international accounting teams and/or joint venture teams, as applicable to ensure compliance with reporting deadlines, support with identification of US GAAP differences, and matters that will impact disclosures.
• Leading on specific specialty accounting areas such as legal and environmental contingencies, stock-based compensation/awards, and various long-lived asset valuation and related impairment considerations, among other complex US GAAP accounting areas.
• Work on special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing a growing international company. This includes participation in transaction-related work steps such as acquisitions, valuations, due diligence, divestitures and necessary public filings due to transactions.
The External Reporting Sr will work directly with executive leadership and senior management in support of driving the integrity, accuracy and transparency of our external reporting commitments.
Technical Accounting, Advisory and Policy • Conduct research and prepare documentation of accounting treatment for various contracts, transactions and accounting issues under US GAAP and other regulatory accounting guidance and coordinate the communication of findings with the internal business partners (Corporate Controller, CFO, other finance and accounting organization, all level of business management, etc.), external auditors, and external advisor as appropriate
• Lead and coordinate accounting for areas such as legal and environmental contingencies, stock-based compensation/awards, and various long-lived asset valuation and related impairment considerations, among other complex US GAAP accounting areas.
• Lead and coordinate the preparation, establishment, and compliance with Stericycle’s financial policies and guidelines
• Lead and coordinate accounting treatment with business development and subsequent review/compliance for acquisitions and divestitures related accounting
• Project lead on special projects requiring technical accounting guidance and leadership.
Statutory Reporting (US GAAP and Local GAAP) • Support and lead the SEC / US GAAP external reporting (For 10K, 10Q, etc.)
• Coordinate all required subsidiary statutory reporting compliance with legal entity financial management, external auditors, and other internal departments (tax, treasury, legal, etc.). Includes centrally managing global audit needs where practical and possible (ex: goodwill/investment impairment analyses).
• Coordinate / manage external audit coordination and requests for proposal and alterations, to the extent necessary
• Review global statutory filings and reconciliations to US GAAP to ensure consistency of disclosures between US SEC filings and local filings, as well as understanding any differences in reporting or accounting principles applied between US filings and local filings. Includes responsibility for signing off as corporate approver on all statutory reporting LEAD submissions.
• Manage global Statutory Reporting Legal Entity Administration Database (LEAD) application by ensuring LEAD requirements are assigned to entities appropriately and users are assigned uploader and approver permissions to entities appropriately. Also includes responsibility for sending out bi-weekly dashboard reporting from LEAD to appropriate stakeholder groups to provide status transparency and drive statutory reporting cycle to adhere to desired timelines.
• Maintain and distribute monthly executive past-due Statutory Filings dashboard to ensure legal entity officers/directors are aware of past due filings and associated notifications they may receive from local governments.
• Centrally manage global statutory audit engagement with single global audit service provider, including negotiating global RFP on a periodic basis by level-setting global scope and comparing to historical scope/fees.
Global Tax Coordination • Coordinate all required subsidiary local income tax compliance with international legal entity financial management, external service provider & other internal departments (accounting treasury, legal, etc.). • In collaboration and support of Corporate tax, review global income tax filings, including book to tax reconciliation and permanent and temporary tax adjustments. Includes responsibility for signing off as corporate approver on all local income tax returns in OneSource compliance tracking platform. • Centrally track and manage global local income tax compliance status to ensure timely filing. • Centrally manage global direct income tax compliance engagement with single global service provider, including negotiating global RFP on a periodic basis by level-setting global scope and comparing to historical scope/fees.
Position Requirements:Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Certified Public Accountant designation (preferable)
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in accounting and finance roles of increasing responsibility
• Experience in a more than $0.5 billion, global company
• Strong background in accounting and project management
• Public accounting; public company experience (preferable)
• Must possess knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.