Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61108
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking ideal candidates who have past experience supporting Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery efforts or have experience in professional disciplines incidental to disaster recovery with a preferred background in engineering, science or archaeology. We are looking for consultants who are available to join our team for future deployment to locations affected by natural disasters.
Hanson has been supporting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on disaster response and recovery assignments by providing engineering evaluations of damaged public infrastructure, cost estimates, debris monitoring, and environmental services.
Performing FEMA Public Assistance is a noble undertaking and great opportunity to give back. You will work helping communities, schools, cities, hospitals, libraries, departments of transportation and organizations recover from disasters. FEMA PA provides you with an opportunity to see how cities and state agencies can work with you to help them secure grants and rebuild. You will be an integral and essential part of this process and will learn many unique skills to help these applicants move ahead.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for progress and innovation.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines, and other mechanical devices. Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines. Engineers in this discipline work on power-producing machines such as electric generators, internal combustion engines, and steam and gas turbines. They also work on power-using machines such as refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, machine tools, material handling systems, elevators and escalators, industrial production equipment, and robots used in manufacturing. Mechanical engineers also design tools that other engineers need for their work. In addition, mechanical engineers work in manufacturing or agriculture production, maintenance, or technical sales; many become administrators or managers.
- Evaluate the eligibility of disaster-related damages, facilities, work and costs.
- Develop Damage Descriptions, Scopes of Work essential to the formulation of disaster recovery grants.
- Support production of detailed, organized reports and reviews.
- Develop and communicate processes and procedures and methodologies that streamline disaster recovery efforts.
- Must be prepared to operate in an intense, dynamic, challenging work environment and be experienced working in a team atmosphere but also able to deliver independently.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based upon the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of this specific disaster work in and throughout the Continental US Territories, selected candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with FEMA
- Completion of required FEMA training courses
- Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work, candidate must have excellent communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to details; ability to process work accurately
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with team members, clients, and stakeholders with diplomacy and tact
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of client and project team
- Must be willing to travel and mobilize on short notice
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully pass a comprehensive FBI background screening (credit record, criminal record, tax history, criminal felonies, misdemeanors, DUI/DWIs, bankruptcy, tax or other financial evasion)
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the obtainment of a FEMA badge. In order to pass the FEMA security process, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- No convictions or criminal history (including DUIs)
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a good credit rating
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS