Automation Engineer - 1583BR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62523
The Automation Engineer performs engineering design and installation services for automated process equipment, facility systems and software systems. The incumbent performs troubleshooting and corrective maintenance on all facility and production equipment at both the Grand Ave. and Wyckles Road facilities. Primary responsibility is for maintaining automated electromechanical systems and software. This includes project support related to facility modifications, equipment installations, and maintenance activities. Typical project work involves developing specification for equipment and systems and coordinating implementation activities to place the systems into service.
- Routinely maintains, troubleshoots and develops application solutions for automated electromechanical systems and software.
- Experience in a senior level position with planning, scheduling and organizing project activities.
- Performs corrective maintenance on facility and production equipment that includes, but is not limited to PLCs, vision systems, SCADA system development, automated packaging equipment, and high purity utility systems.
- Performs corrective maintenance on facility and production computers and HMI’s.
- Design, facilitate installation, configure, and assist in qualification of data integrity and 21 CFR Part 11 systems.
- The incumbent may be required to work any shift and may be required to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The incumbent may be required to carry and respond to a cell phone, pager or radio.
- Work with all departments to support the manufacturing operations and to improve methods for automated data collection and reporting, and overall reliability and performance of equipment and systems. This includes existing systems and new installation projects. Keep an open line of communication across departments and managerial lines.
- Familiarity and ability to use software systems for Work Orders and Calibration. Ability to identify the appropriate materials and parts to maintain and repair equipment and order the parts using automated methods.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel providing timely information to avoid production delays. This includes timely, accurate, and neat completion of documentation, such as work orders and reports that meet GMP requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science in the field of Electrical Engineering, Software, or combination of a related degree with work experience. The incumbent must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience with industrial/process controls, PLCs, software editing and developing. Prior pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley required.
- Experience with Siemens and B&R preferred.
- Experience in a project engineer/management role with planning, scheduling and organizing responsibilities.
- Experience with computer repair, backup, configuration, and restoration.
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Mental Requirements include:
- Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
- Ability to follow safety and security practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.