eDiscovery Senior Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
- We are seeking an eDiscovery Senior Project Manager (SPM) to be responsible for independently coordinating and overseeing all eDiscovery related aspects of multiple complex matters as assigned by department management. This role serves as the primary point of contact for case team attorneys, paralegals, clients and vendors and may also collaborate with department management to jointly support the needs of individual matters. The SPM is a team lead with potential responsibility for oversight of the activities of up to two other eDiscovery personnel. Reporting to the Director of eDiscovery and Practice Technology, primary responsibilities include:
- Independently planning and managing all eDiscovery activities associated with assigned matters, serving as the primary case team and client liaison.
- Conducting intake meetings with case teams to determine requirements, schedules, budget concerns, and deliverables.
- Collaborating with case teams to develop eDiscovery service budget estimates and advising on issues affecting costs and timelines.
- Providing strategic advice and tactical support for the following: Data preservation;
Data collection, including forensically sound methodologies; Data processing and culling, including collaborating with case teams on the application of analytical tools and techniques to remove non-relevant material; Document hosting and review, including database design and the strategic use of analytics to increase efficiency: concept searching/clustering, email threading, near duplicate detection, TAR, etc.; Document production, including quality control checks and compliance with negotiated specifications.
- Working collaboratively with other team members and to meet all project goals.
- Performing quality testing of data deliverables, sent and received, including analysis of database load files, fielded data, images and compliance with specifications.
- Managing all vendor services (if necessary), quality testing deliverables and monitoring negotiated schedules and budgets.
- Conducting in-house, technical data management activities such as data processing, error analysis and resolution, data manipulation, loading data into database applications, building production subsets, and other database maintenance and administration.
- Troubleshooting eDiscovery applications and databases if necessary.
- Maintaining defensible records of case work and providing operational briefings to department management.
- Providing significant contribution to the internal development of the eDiscovery department, including collaborating on and documenting best practices and procedures for the use of eDiscovery software systems, reviewing and testing new applications, conducting software training, etc.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
Schiff Hardin is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We maintain a policy of considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, citizenship status, order of protection status, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, source of income, military or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.* *