Lead Fraud Strategy Specialist - Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position will report to the Manager of Deposits Fraud Strategy and Analytics team to support fraud strategy development. The incumbent will work closely with various stakeholders including fraud operations, fraud infrastructure teams.
- Analyze large amount of data from digital logins to Online Banking platform to identify and mitigate new and emerging fraud threats. Ideally with experience in online and phone authentication.
- Identify new sources of data (internal or vendor-provided) that can enrich existing fraud detection processes and allow for new detection strategies to be developed.
- Optimize existing detection strategies to reduce false positives and improve overall performance of our fraud strategies
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including fraud operations, fraud infrastructure, and business owners.
- Identify patterns to detect Account Takeover scenarios by evaluating combinations or sequence of events from multiple data sources.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Develops and implements effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk, operational cost, and customer experience.
- Analyzes customer application data, new account transaction data, and customer interaction data. Develops and enhances fraud prevention strategies.
- Identifies patterns to detect new account fraud. Evaluates data and information from multiple sources.
- Supports the testing and deployment of new vendor products. Develops business cases for incorporating new technologies.
- Develops and reviews strategy performance reports and communicates the fraud results to the business.
- Partners in fraud trend reviews to identify vulnerabilities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in Banking/Financial industry
- 2+ years of experience in Applied Analytics
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Fraud Risk discipline in consumer banking products
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in Fraud mitigation experience
- Strong analytical skills. Experience working in large database environment.
- Experience in using: SAS/SQL, Teradata, Tableau, Unix, Snowflake, Python, R
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.