TruConnect Automation Expert
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60010
“Trusting in brave ideas” this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide out people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The TruConnect Automation Specialist (TAS) manages Customers, Regional Sales Managers and Representatives in a defined region regarding Sales of Automation components and systems. The TAS consults customers in sheet metal processing, material flow, logistics and lean software solutions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1) Consult customers in sheet metal processing, material flow, and intra-logistics
2) Lead customer projects throughout different disciplines including machines, software, service, and engineering
3) Work with large OEM customers on strategic production flow concepts and automation solutions
4) Assists Regional Managers and Representative Salesforce to acquire new sales of equipment and systems
5) Create and maintain a good relationship with the entire sales network
6) Key contact person for all new, automated machine projects
7) Establish and maintain structured and clear communication with customers from pre-sales to project sign off in close coordination with Project Management and Engineering.
8) Interact closely with customers with the creation of Sales Concept Drawings to ensure proper fit of the new equipment on the customer s shop floor
9) Create detailed automation proposals for customers (new equipments and retrofits)
10) Provide all required documents to support timely and accurate order processing
11) Support Automation Engineering Group and Project Management
12) Create and present – product lectures, seminars, online-meetings, and key powerpoint presentations
13) Train Sales network in automation within the dedicated region
14) Assists Product Management with strategies to increase sales for automated systems in dedicated regions
15) Assist with product trade shows and events
16) Acquire and seek thorough knowledge of automated systems and software environment
17) Maintain valuable knowledge of competitors machines/systems
Three years experience in Sales, Marketing, Applications or related business. Technical background and consulting skills are a necessity. Applicant should have a background in a manufacturing area/industry with CNC machine tool experience and have lead major sales projects.
Bachelor degree or higher required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Category: Sales
Employer’s Job# 2173
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.