Sr IT Process Design & Governance Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for developing, enhancing and optimizing IT standards, processes, tools, and methods; utilizing continuous improvement tools and methods to manage and drive change in the organization; leading/facilitating department initiatives that support quality and improvement efforts (e.g. Kaizen Events, training, coaching, communications, processes, reporting, and tools) across IT.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of performance analysis, defining and managing technical processes OR technical degree and 6 years of performance analysis, defining and managing technical processes OR 8 years of performance analysis, defining and managing technical processes.
- Experience applying Lean Six Sigma and/or Lean tools or process improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrates a Continuous improvement mindset and can apply iterative process development thinking (e.g. Plan-Do-Check-Act) to IT processes.
- Demonstrates an understanding of IT Governance structures, frameworks, and measurements, and can apply those appropriately to guide process owners and owning structures towards optimization.
- Experience with managing projects; Flexibility, responsiveness, and initiative in managing multiple projects concurrently and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to influence and execute while navigating organizational politics.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, and make trade-off decisions.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Analytical thinking and consultative problem solving/consulting; ability to simplify and standardize complex concepts/processes.
- Knowledgeable about industry best practices regarding project / program status reporting, project management methodologies, and project management tools.
- Clear and concise verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with all levels of management and employees, including developing and delivering presentations.
- IT standards, procedures and policies (e.g., HIPAA.).
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Negotiation and influencing.
- Security standards and regulatory compliance tools and platforms.
- System and technology integration.
- Adaptability/ability to manage change.
- Experience with project management lifecycle and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Delivery methodology understanding (e.g., agile/scrum/xp).
- Understanding of healthcare technical concepts and HCSC products and services.
- Full Microsoft Suite experience, including Visio and Project.
- Experience in process design, engineering and/or re-design.
- Understanding of future/emerging technologies.
- MS Visio, MS Access, SharePoint, Jira application experience.
- Experience with Clarity PPM tool and/or similar tools.
- Experience with reporting and dashboarding (PowerBI/Tableau).
- Experience with Sharepoint and/or similar tools.
- Experience with Organizational Change Management and leading teams or departments through change.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.