ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR SPECIAL EVENTS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
Associate Director, Special Events
Chicago-Water Tower Campus
ALUMNI & SPECIAL EVENTS
SPECIAL EVENTS (03602B)
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the Director of Special Events, the Associate Director of Special Events is an integral part of the Special Events team. The Associate Director of Special Events will be responsible for the creation, supervision, and implementation of University events for alumni, friends, trustees, and benefactors of the university in the Chicagoland area, regionally and at Loyola s campuses. The individual will determine event strategy, oversee all aspects of event planning, recommend and reconcile budgets, develop marketing and promotion materials, and brief senior university stake holders. These events engage and recognize donors and other constituents and build relationships with alumni, prospects, supporters, donors, board, and committee members. This individual will have an understanding of the strategies and fundraising initiatives of the division in order to help guide the department to work in service of the University s mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
– Handles complex logistics and comprehensive event management for large-scale university events including strategy, budget creation, oversight of marketing and promotional materials, and post-event reconciliation and measurement of outcomes
– Manages major fundraising events
– Manages multi-day events such as Commencement
– Manages other mid-size local university events as requested
– Assists the Director in managing the logistics for a variety of other university events; these responsibilities may include, but are not limited to managing registration, food services, entertainment, transportation, decoration, audio visual and billing
– Maintains external relationships with event-related vendors, with the goal of leveraging relationships for potential sponsorship and in-kind opportunities
– Participates in the annual scheduling of events, overall event strategy and measurement of outcomes to determine necessary changes for future events
– Assists in the execution and staffing of other events assigned to the Special Events department
– Performs other duties as required
– Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, irregular hours when necessary
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree required supplemented with 5-7 years of job-related work experience, ideally in a university setting.
Experience with major fundraising events required, and experience with major higher education events strongly preferred.
– Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills and well as superb attention to detail
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.
Employer’s Job# 12318
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.