Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Red Team
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
Senior Cyber Security Consultant – Red Team (Financial Institutions)
, a top 10 professional services firm, exists to creates opportunities and we have a created an Inspired Career opportunity for you to join our as a Senior Cyber Security Consultant – Technical in our Minneapolis, Charlotte, Tampa, Oak Brook (Chicago), Dallas or Philadelphia office.
What does an Inspired Career look like to you?
- Does it include “Ethical Hacking” so you can challenge a business to improve its security effectiveness through pen-testing, web application testing, social engineering, Red Team exercises and vulnerability assessments?
- Would you like working with a wide variety of clients in the Financial Institutions industry to help them solve their most complex cybersecurity challenges? Do you want to expand your skills to become a comprehensive cyber security professional and help clients identify governance, compliance and risk needs?
- Do you do your best work when you are part of a team that is down-to-earth, technically talented and has access to the most sophisticated technology to fight cybercrime?
- Does it include the resources, financial support and opportunities to continually build your brand and technical skills?
If this sounds interesting, it’s time to Inspire your career and join the CLA family as a Senior Cyber Security Penetration Tester!
Here’s what you’ll do:
Lead Network & Application Penetration Testing: Put your ethical hacking skills, problem solving, vulnerability and exploitation knowledge to use by evaluating, testing and scanning to determine weaknesses in client’s IT operations, processes, systems and related controls. Identify unique issues specific to client’s environment and present solutions based on your findings for business opportunities, risks and needs to the engagement teams.
Lead Security Assessments: Lead and perform a variety of internal and external technical assessments ), review tactics and processes to protect organizations from threats, interpret findings to determine if systems and processes can appropriately react to threats, identify security settings that may need to be “hardened” and recommend a multi-layered approach to prevent attacks, including proper defense, relationships, communication and training.
Security Incident Response, Forensic Analysis, Tabletop Testing: Implement response procedures to identify, assesses the nature and scope of breaches and recovers critical systems and data, support and participate in forensic analysis activities, lead and participate in tabletop tests to help clients prepare for disaster events.
Provide mentorship to the Associates on your team through training and reviewing their work.
Thrive in a culture that is committed to knowing you and helping you create opportunities for your career, your clients and your community! You will be encouraged and supported to keep your technical skills sharp through continued research, attending security conferences, certifications and providing thought leadership.
Your experience likely includes:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in the area of Penetration Testing tools and techniques, security concepts, best practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure hardware and software preferred, including firewalls, intrusion detection/penetration devices, and servers.
- Knowledge of IT control requirements associated with SOC, FFIEC, GLBA, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPA and PCI preferred.
- Knowledge of security audit techniques, processes and services preferred.
- One or more IT Security Certifications or plans to obtain one, such as OSCP, GWAPT, GPEN, CEH, LPT, CPT, CEPT, CISSP, CISA, CISM etc.
- Ability to deliver a high level of client service, including the ability to identify client needs and explain complex concept to non-technical audiences
- The ability to travel approximately 50%. Monday- Wed/Thursday travel – no weekends.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.