Quality Control Technician - Romeoville, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
Job ID:? 155439
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products?and more.?? With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The QC technician will observe fabrication of precast concrete structures and their reinforcing cages to ensure compliance with Oldcastle standards and conformity to production drawings.? The QC technician will also perform daily testing of concrete in compliance with state regulations and Oldcastle quality standards.?
- Perform daily?testing of concrete specimens
- Perform daily pre and post pour inspections of products
- Maintain records of observations for every structure produced
- Assist when necessary with strip, setup, and pouring of products
- Report to production crew, engineer, and management team on process improvements, repetitive mistakes, and quality concerns
- Write a Corrective Action Report for each defective or damaged product
- Assisting the sales team to respond to any customer complaints about product quality?
- Ensure correct implementation of our QC program in Kenosha
- Other responsibilities may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Must have QC?experience in related industry
- At least 3 years of concerete experience, preferred
- Must have ACI level 1 certification
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read/write simple instructions and communicate effectively with team members
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs periodically throughout the day
- This job involves a lot of walking in an industrial indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.