Regional Account Manager - Industrial Automation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB is seeking IAEN Regional Account Manager for its Minneapolis, MN location. The Regional Account Manager will act as the primary point of contact between assigned account and ABB Energy. Assigned accounts will be comprised of customers and prospects from the Power, Water, Chemicals, Refining, Oil & Gas and Pharmaceutical markets. This role serves as a business driver for sales activities relating to ABB’s Automation, Electrical and Telecommunications Service and Systems Business. The role will address all of the various customer segments (end-user plant sites, end user corporate centers, EPCs and engineering firms, Chanel Partners).
The Account Manager will report to the Regional Sales Manager. The Regional Account Manager has responsibility for selling to existing customers and to grow his/her installed base of customers by prospecting the assigned territory for conversion opportunities.
- This role can be supported in Minneapolis , Chicago, or Kansas City remote locations.
- Accountable to meet or exceed sales targets for the assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain good, trusting relationships within the engineering, maintenance, operations and executive groups of their assigned customers.
- Consult with customers regarding their near and long-term operational objectives and the health/effectiveness of their control systems to promote how ABB products, services, and system offerings can improve their plant.
- Be recognized as the biggest advocate for your customers within ABB. This includes promoting ideas and escalating resolution of issues that will result in higher customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Develop, execute and drive capture strategies for opportunity-specific sales pursuits. Achieve input and buy-in from Sales and Business Unit Management. Support the proposal development process by communicating strategies and key customer issues, and by being responsive to the proposal team.
- Maintain an accurate sales forecast and customer engagement/visit reporting within SFDC.
- Understand the organizational, cultural, and competitive landscape of your customers well enough to know our strengths and weaknesses and be able to anticipate opportunities and threats to our business. Be able to summarize this overall account picture to Management.
- Work with other ABB Business Units to uncover broader system and services offerings.
- Assist Sales Management and other BU Team Members in preparing the necessary information (MS-Power Point slides, MS-Excel spreadsheets, etc.) to support meetings with customers and BU Management.
- Contribute to and fully utilize ABB Branding, Global Marketing and Local Marketing Initiatives.
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree is required and a minimum of Three (3) – Five (5) years of experience in Direct to End Customer sales or service is required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- An Engineering degree is preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with ABB is highly preferred.
- Relevant Industry experience.
- DCS or high-end distributed PLC/HMI sales or service experience or equivalent.
- A willingness to be on the road visiting customers more than 60% of the time.
- Practical understanding of the control system market and what customers desire from a control systems vendor supplying state of the art technology and services.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB Inc.
ABB Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: