Operator 2, Bakery-Production
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northlake, IL 60164
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Operator 2, Bakery-Production
- Production Supervisor
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Operates various types of commercial food processing equipment, keeps records of production through put and material usage on a daily basis within his/her production line. Assists in training of new personnel as well as filling in for absent employees. Reporting to Line lead.
- Responsible for operation of equipment/Mfg line, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products per production guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with Production/Packaging procedure/practices as well as inspecting all areas within the Mfg line/equipment for any operational and/or mechanical issues as well as taking corrective action and notifying supervision and/or management.
- Assists supervision in standardizing procedures/practices to improve line efficiency and/or product quality.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Expected to work in other areas as needed.
- Work safely, follow proper Lock-out/Tag-out procedure where applicable.
- Be proactive in preparing for all daily runs.
- Review production orders.
- Print all documents such as specification, process control, weight sheets, downtime, scrap log.
- Order materials as needed.
- Inspect ingredient bin, ensure all scoops are there and lids are not broken where applicable.
- Inspect line for good housekeeping.
- Set up line based on production schedule.
- Ensure systems are on such as coolers, freezers, air system, proofer and ovens.
- Ensure that all employees sign in on staff sheet.
- Ensure that employees follow proper bag and box procedure how to open.
- Maintain line speed/standards.
- Fill out all documents, process form, weight sheet, production orders, scrap log, downtime log, OEE.
- If Allergens are produced follow proper Allergen procedure, tag line/equipment that needs cleaning.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands, handle or feel objects. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 550102701A1
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.