*IT Project Manager IV - 9084 (1009929)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Description: Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. May require a bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and deliver application development projects according to committed timelines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the projects objectives with management direction, and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle, using proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. It is critical that this role establish and maintain strong relationships with both senior and operating level business leaders, IT leaders, and the IT & Business PMOs.
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge and skills related to project management
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of managing projects using an SDLC and creating lifecycle deliverables including detailed project, risk, and issue plans to ensure project goals are accomplished
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to managing budget and all aspects of project financials including estimating, forecasting and managing costs
- Demonstrated use of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Visio, and PPM
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- 6 or more years of experience in an IT or business environment
- 1 or more years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Successful management of a small size project, or delivery of a specific component of a large project with a Team of 2-5 (direct or matrix) and/or a budget of ?$1MM
- Experienced at working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment is essential
- Experience implementing, managing or working with one or more of the following software platforms or technologies is ideal: ServiceNow, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Chatbots
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf