Food Service Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dekalb, IL 60115
The Food Service Worker I performs a variety of functions and tasks pertinent to the production, service, sanitation, and distribution of food to patients, sisters and employees. A Food Service Worker may work in various areas of the department such as patient tray line, nourishment room stocking, dish room, pots and pans, sanitation and storeroom. Performing these duties under some to limited supervision. 6 Months experience in healthcare, restaurant or hotel hospitality required.
BACK OF THE HOUSE SUPPORT:
- Collects and delivers dishware from the required locations.
- Cleans soiled pots by washing them using the guidelines outlined by the health department; cleans and sanitizes all eating, serving utensils and trays (3 Tier sink: wash, rinse, sanitize or mechanical dish machine).
- Returns sanitized items to designated areas.
- Assist in transporting all food to and from each kitchen.
- Takes all garbage out, breaks down card board and places in appropriate receptacles.
- Assembles tray line with prepared food and beverages using established guide lines and procedures.
- Assembles patient s trays according to patient meal ticket.
- Delivers and retrieves prepared meal carts/patient trays each nursing units.
- Retrieving, clearing and cleaning of utility carts from floors.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate stock in the work area.
- Cleans and sanitizes patient meal service wares using mechanical dish machine.
- Prepares nourishments (daily patient snacks) per procedure and delivers to unit pantries.
- Takes inventory of items in tray line stock area and coolers (new kitchen). Completes inventory request form, retrieves inventory from main kitchen (old kitchen) and returns items, placing on items on the shelves including rotation of stock, dating and labeling.
- Gathers items and prepares floor stock request for nourishment rooms and physician lounge supplies per stocking day schedule. Refilling only quantities needed and recording quantity of items supplied in each unit (6 units).
- Removes previous day s perishable floor stock supply and replaces with fresh supplies as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment in designated work area. Follows established posted cleaning schedule; daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Records all required sanitation documents to include by not limited to food temperature log; cooler, freezer and pantry temperature logs; 3 tier sink sanitation water, dish machine temperature logs as required.
- Daily rotation of stock, dating and labeling of prepared food items.
- Other daily sanitation as outline per designated area, per department policy.
- Ability to interface well with staff and visitors is required.
- Excellent customer service focus is required.
- Ability to work well under stress is required.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0059542
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.