Program Manager-Corporate Governance, Full-Time, Days
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
The PROGRAM MANAGER CORPORATE GOVERNANCE reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The PROGRAM MANAGER CORPORATE GOVERNANCE will be responsible for managing key functions of the Department of Corporate Governance and board functions of NMHC and its subsidiaries ensuring adherence to system standards.
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Governance, the Program Manager Corporate Governance is responsible for independently managing key activities of the corporate governance office, including:
- Working directly and independently with senior management to prepare and distribute board materials and presentations, ensuring adherence to organizational standards, board committee responsibilities, and meeting objectives.
- Ensure that all agendas and materials adhere to established policies, procedures, and bylaws.
- Support Program Director with management of subsidiaries, including support for restructuring transactions and coordinating with internal and external counsels as well as internal business partners
- Support other internal departments with routine notifications and responding to information requests
- Conduct legal and factual research, and data analysis and reporting, as requested.
- Conduct research to maintain current on regulatory requirements and corporate governance best practices and communicate with Director, Senior Management, and Board members on these matters.
- Serve as staff to selected boards and committees, including agenda development, material preparation, coordination and distribution, attending meetings as requested, and ensuring appropriate meeting follow-up.
- Playing a leadership role in key board engagement and education initiatives, including new director orientation and continuing education.
- Draft and/or review corporate minutes, resolutions, consents, etc.
- Provide assistance with various corporate governance related activities (e.g. Corporate Compliance and Integrity Matters, NMHC Enterprise Risk Management, etc.).
- Participate in efforts to streamline work processes and improve the services provided by the department.
- Participate, support, or lead special projects within the department, as needed.
- JD, paralegal, or 5 or more years in a leadership role in a corporate secretary s office or other board-related position
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated sophisticated relationship management and communication skills (i.e. executive/senior management, boards, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel;
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to think independently
- Must be a self-directed, independent thinker, possess sensitivity with respect to confidential information, and can handle and resolve issues independently, as needed
- An interest in governance best practices.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0059652
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.