DIR-TECH & INFRASTRUCTURE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
McDonald’s Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, forward-thinking “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our IT sector of the corporation will provide you with challenging work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
We are currently looking for a DIRECTOR for AWS Cloud Services.
McDonald’s Digital, eCommerce and Customer Engagement platforms are powered by AWS. The Cloud Services Director is responsible for delivering cost-effective, secure, and performant infrastructure and management services to those internal and external product teams that engage with our restaurants and customers worldwide.
This role will engage with product owners across the organization to distill a cohesive and strategic product and service strategy to meet their agile delivery needs while ensuring brand protection and financial diligence. The successful candidate will lead a team of internal and external service providers to deliver IaaS, PaaS, and serverless infrastructure, and tools to optimize spend, lead security, and accelerate delivery.
The ideal person will have strong knowledge and experience delivering public and private cloud solutions into a complex interpersonal environment, in alignment with AWS Well-Architected principles. This individual will be expected to lead partner concerns and needs across other infrastructure and security towers, as well as a large and diverse group of product managers, and will participate as a member of infrastructure governance and change boards. This position will report to the Global Technology Senior Director for Cloud and Data Services.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· B.S. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is REQUIRED
· AWS Certification (Associate Level) is REQUIRED
· 3+ years leading high-performing teams delivering cloud solutions using AWS services.
· 3+ years leading teams using Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban).
· 5+ years in a leadership capacity building, deploying, and/or operating infrastructure solutions.
· Demonstrated experience in effectively leading multiple partner relationships with customers and service providers, in particular achieving results using influence.
· Demonstrated vendor management skills.
· Experience with Digital Engagement/eCommerce solutions, preferably in a global, retail environment.
· Ability to provide direction, alignment & motivation for change.
· Eye for business coupled with technology understanding and awareness.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Provides thought leadership, and gains consensus and alignment across the organization, for appropriate standards and services to deliver AWS cloud workloads in an agile, secure and cost-optimized manner
· Runs Demand Management and Fulfillment processes for all AWS infrastructure and service requests across IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, and Foundational workloads, and ensures Infrastructure as Code stacks and overall capabilities are aligned to organizational demand.
· Leads Operations of the AWS platform, including critical alert notification and event response by appropriate service organizations, critical service availability, reporting, ongoing standards compliance, and overall change and patch management for non-immutable workloads.
· Budgets and leads overall AWS spend using a showback model, developing and implementing effective financial reporting and controls, mitigating overspend, and working with AWS account team on optimization opportunities and strategies
· Creates and executes strategy to modernize legacy workloads, in particular promoting evolution to container and serverless architectures, and encouraging immutable infrastructure practices through tools and services.
· Approves all cloud process, standards, and documentation changes from the internal team, as well as from supporting areas and led service partners.
· Develops and leads program scope, budget, and schedules in accordance with approved plans.
· Allocates and leads project resources; ensures that knowledgeable and empowered resources are made available in a timely manner for all delivery and strategic initiatives.
· Has direct management responsibility for internal team of 5-7 employee architects and service managers, including hiring, coaching, performance management and development.
Director of AWS Cloud Services
McDonald’s Corporation and McDonald’s USA, LLC (the “Company”) are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.