Class A CDL Driver - HOME DAILY 62-68K per year potential
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Cold Spring, KY 41076
Job Benefits:Paid vacation, sick and holiday pay. 401k, full medical / dental / vision, scholarship and tuition assistance available
A Route Driver is responsible for operation of a grease collection truck to collect cooking oil, a fat and bone collection truck for removal of raw material from customer locations, and/or a semi for delivery of finished goods.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Pump or load grease containers; ensure cleanliness of container and surrounding area; returns container with screen and lock secured; notes any damages to container or corral area; properly completes route ticket with customer signature.
- Collects and inspects raw material at time of pick up for any foreign or hazardous material at customer location (Local Runs).
- Pick up / delivery of raw materials and/or finished goods to end customers via semi.
- Required to maintain an Electronic DOT log.
- Provides customer with receipt of pick-up and obtains signature of management at location.
- Responsible for company vehicle; maintains vehicle in cleanest possible manner; operates vehicle in accordance with Company, federal, state and local regulations.
- Conducts all safety checks and inspections of vehicle; operates vehicle under state, federal, local regulations and in accordance with company policy and procedures; observes all company safety rules.
- Complete vehicle condition report on a daily basis; operates under all Company safety standards.
- Maintains excellent customer relations by providing quality, professional service at all times.
- Responsible for completing all company required paperwork in accordance with company policies (route tickets, driver vehicle inspection reports, accident reports, mileage reports, service forms, etc.) on a daily basis.
- Responsible for established route as assigned.
- Attendance at all safety meetings required; may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL, with a Tankers Endorsement.
- 2 years of prior experience operating a commercial vehicle in route delivery setting preferred.
- Prior route experience within a customer oriented environment preferred.
- Experience with truck hydraulics a plus.
- Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
- Highly organized; superior time management skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Ability to work well with internal staff and external customers.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs.
- Frequently must push, pull, move or lift up to 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to work weekends and/or Overtime as need.
Job functions will be carried out in a commercial motor vehicle, customer locations, and plant environment.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: HTTP://WWW1.EEOC.GOV/EMPLOYERS/UPLOAD/EEOC_SELF_PRINT_POSTER.PDF