Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62525
This new position will join the Crisis Team in providing crisis intervention to adults experiencing a mental health and/or substance use crisis in the counties of Macon and DeWitt. Crisis intervention services will be provided in array of settings including emergency departments, community settings with law enforcement, and Heritage. Crisis counselor will provide the following services:
- Crisis assessment, counseling, and referral and linkage to the appropriate level of services
- Priority crisis-response to emergency departments in a timely manner to meet the need of the individual and collaborate with emergency departments
- Community-based and outreach based services to intervene and follow up with individuals needing linkage to ongoing mental health and/or substance use services following a crisis
- Psycho-social assessment and treatment planning for individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Tracking of data for performance reporting to the Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health
The crisis worker will have experience working with individuals with mental health or substance use disorders by providing support, counseling, de-escalation, and engagement for ongoing treatment services to support an individual’s wellness and recovery. Key characteristics of the crisis counselor will include flexibility, non-judgmental to each individual’s unique presentation, and ability to build rapport quickly. Ideal candidates will have excellent customer service skills, diplomacy, excellent decision making and problems solving skills as well as the ability to know their limits and when to seek guidance and supervision, and previous clinical and supervisory experience is highly recommended
Master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, or family therapy is required, as well as education/experience to be a QMHP. The ability to function as an LPHA (with credentials as a LCPC or LCSW) is highly recommended. Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile, and current insurance required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT /AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER