Phlebotomist II, Part-time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glenview, IL 60025
Phlebotomist II, Part-time (69209)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Phlebotomist for our Lab Support department based at Glenbrook Hospital in Glenview, IL. This is a Part-Time-time 32-hour per week position and is benefits-eligible. This is a Day shift position, with rotating weekends. However, starting time may change based on business need, also requires rotating holidays and occasional local off-site travel
In this role, you will:
- Perform a variety of routine and special phlebotomy procedures as authorized by the Manager/Director
- Responsible for ordering tests into the Laboratory and Hospital computer systems and documenting Lab receipt of specimens
- Collect patient specimens in accordance with test requirements and in a manner which is appropriate for the age and/or specific patient population served
- Collect blood samples for specific tests ensuring volume is adequate and correct tubes are utilized
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- CPR certification required.
- PBT (ASCP) certification preferred
- 1 year of recent phlebotomy experience in a comparable healthcare setting or demonstrated competency and proficiency in all Phlebotomist I job responsibilities
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.