Technical Development Engineer - 1483BR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62523
The full-time, Development Engineer will have an opportunity to rotate through 3 areas of engineering within our Decatur, IL facility during their first year of employment – Maintenance, Projects and Technical.
- The Maintenance Development Engineer will have primary responsibility for functioning as the off-shift Maintenance supervisor – supporting routine, reactive, predictive, and preventative maintenance (PM) on all facility and production equipment at both facilities.
- The Project Development Engineer will have primary responsibility for supporting Akorn’s capital and internal project plans and assist in their proper implementation in alignment with engineering standards. They will support necessary oversight, logistical support, and design & validation deliverables as assigned, and support projects related to facility modifications and construction, equipment installations and retrofits, and engineering level activities.
- The Technical Development Engineer will have primary responsibility for providing support for technical ownership for the design, selection, and support of equipment, technologies, facilities, and systems used to manufacture and package aseptic products.
This role includes collaboration with Operations, Finance, Engineering, IT, and Quality functional resources.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college required.
- Excellent communications skills in oral, written, and presentation situations providing clear, informative, and persuasive communication in positive and negative scenarios.
- Good analytical and computer skills required.
- Previous manufacturing internship experience highly preferred.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.