Senior Transportation Manager - Carrier Management
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we?re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Senior Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the operation. You?ll help ensure that important organizational initiatives and solutions are successfully implemented, maintained and improved when needed. On our team, you?ll have the tools and support to build a career you?ll not only be proud of, but one you?ll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Define requirements for transportation operations
- Ensure that new strategies and initiatives are implemented effectively, and that they meet or exceed company requirements and customer expectations?
- Develop and deploy transportation operational and management solutions; establish business controls and processes to support regional transportation operations?
- Provide direct supervisory control of transportation team to ensure service level standards are met?
- Identify and deploy a broad range of customer cost-saving initiatives through established processes that ensure gainshare revenue targets are met
- Meet budget targets and achieve operating income goals
- Lead HR development efforts through appropriate training, development and succession planning?
- Identify growth opportunities with current and new customers; perform account management functions for select customers
- Identify and manage operational risks/security practices; implement company best practices and provide a safe work environment
- Support legal processes and enable legal dispute resolutions as needed
- Oversee and manage multiple accounts; serve as the face to the customer
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- Bachelor?s degree in Logistics or related field
- 8 years of domestic or international supply chain management experience
- Working knowledge in the functional areas of transportation, warehousing, distribution, inventory planning and management, network analysis and materials management
- Knowledge of financial management, HR technical skills and business integration
It?d be great if you also have:
- Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) and Microsoft BI experience
- Availability to work extended hours, including evenings, nights and weekends
- Availability to travel to customer sites and multiple operating locations
Be part of something big. #LI-RL1
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.