Geographic Information Systems Specialist (GIS Specialist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
The GIS Specialist is part of a technical team in the Public Works Department assisting in the support of the City’s technology, including the Geographic Information System (GIS). The Specialists collaborate with employees to connect technology advancements to their daily tasks for improved efficiency, communication, and data-driven decision making. These Specialists provide technical expertise in GIS application development, user training and support, data development, and map output and production.
Some of the responsibilities of the GIS Specialist include:
• Provide technical expertise and support for department-specific hardware and software
• Provide technical expertise for GIS system hardware and software,
• Assist in troubleshooting activities regarding GIS system operations and procedures,
• Provide user training and support on GIS software,
• Work with other City departments to define their specific GIS needs,
• Assist in the design and support of GIS applications,
• Assist in the design, quality control and maintenance of City-wide and departmental spatial data and related tabular data,
• Coordination and monitoring of GIS projects performed by outside consultants,
• Production, or coordination of the production, of maps and graphs using GIS software and related equipment.