Accounts Receivable/Payable Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
The primary purpose of this position is to lead Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) team, supervise, monitor and evaluate all daily AR and AP activities in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial processes and operations.
• Oversee daily operations for all areas within AP, AR, credit and collections activities and ensure all procedures and policies are being followed.
• Supervise, train and evaluate AR and AP staff to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions in a timely manner.
• Determine appropriate staffing needs and conduct hiring and training.
• Assist direct reports with reconciliations and research of customer and vendors accounts and ensure account issues are resolved on a timely basis.
• Review and approve customer and vendor adjustments, special applications and write offs, and provide guidance in this area.
• Review collection reports on a weekly basis and assist with collection matters and dispute resolutions.
• Continuously analyze and make recommendations to improve policies and procedures within accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections.
• Approve new customer requests and establish appropriate credit limits, monitoring and adjusting credit limits on existing customers. For requests outside of established policies, obtain management approval on an as needed basis.
• Oversee weekly payout of vendor payments, ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
• Ensure all monthly AR and AP transactions and related month-end reconciliations are completed and posted in accordance with established deadlines.
• In charge of month-end AR and AP reconciliation reports and analysis for management review.
• Serve as lead AR and AP resource for audits.
• Oversee vendor 1099 annual compliance and annual reporting.
• Participate and lead improvement projects in the areas of accounting technology systems, AR and AP procedures and policies to continuously add efficiencies and automation.
• Assist the corporate controller in the month-end and year-end process to close the consolidated books in a timely manner on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 5 years of accounting experience.
• At least 1 year of accounts payable experience.
• At least 1 year of accounts receivable experience.
• At least 2 years of management experience.
• Knowledge of accounting generally accepted principles and practices.
• Advanced knowledge and technical aptitude in MS Excel.
• Working knowledge of ERP system.
• Excellent organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving, and analytical skills. Must be detailed oriented.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information.
• Self-starter with the ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks and projects, work well under pressure and meet deadline.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in distribution industry with inventory preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer