IT Manager, Public Safety
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
The IT Manager, Public Safety is part of the IT Department for the City of Naperville which is currently undergoing a transformation that will take the City to a cloud-centric environment. Recently completed was a migration to Exchange Online, Office365, Sharepoint Online, Skype for Business. Current projects underway include Windows 10 deployment, SaaS ERP project and the modernization of many key Public Safety applications. As a member of the prestigious What Works Cities initiative, Naperville will improve results for their residents through data and evidence. Recently launched were Open Data and Performance Management portals. Going forward, it is crucial that the City’s IT Department continue to develop a team that understands the complexities and advantages of a cloud-based environment to further the City’s goal to provide services that ensure a high quality of life for our residents and also be a high-performing government entity in the technology space.
This position supervises a group of IT professionals dedicated to the support of long & short-term technology goals of the Police and Fire Departments and the daily functioning & reliability of related systems. This position develops, implements, & evaluates Public Safety Technology Plans and assists the Chief Information Officer with the overall City Strategic Technology Plan and serves as the primary liaison between IT and the Police & Fire Departments, and manages, monitors and measures those department’s requests for service, hardware, software, system acquisition and implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supervising and supporting direct reports to ensure on-time and high-quality deliveries and services
• Mentoring, teaching, coaching, and assisting direct reports with professional development and growth while providing measurable feedback on service delivery, including interviewing, hiring, performance evaluations and terminations.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with members of the Public Safety departments
• Overall management of Public Safety systems projects, including initiation, planning, monitoring, controlling, execution and closing.
• Analysis and recommendation of new systems and products to senior management as appropriate.
• Overseeing Public Safety systems performance, security and back-up procedures.
• Establishing and implement policies and procedures for Public Safety systems usage.
• Development and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans for the Public Safety IT systems.•