Logistics and Transportation Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60159
Must be authorized to legally work in the United States without work visa sponsorship now or in the future
An exciting opportunity for a Logistics & Transportation Specialist with a well-established manufacturing client located near Gurnee, IL. Our client is dedicated to success for all their employees and offers a great benefits package. Looking for an experienced team player who has long time potential and motivated to grow within the company.
Compensation for this role will range from $55k-$75k (depending on experience)
- Scheduling shipments to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer needs
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of all inbound shipments
- Coordinate import and export related tasks in compliance with US Customs laws and regulations.
- Create, document, and implement operating procedures
- Responsible for analyzing areas of improvement and cost reduction.
- Able to maintain strong relationships with all vendors across the supply chain
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related four-year degree preferred.
- 2+ Years’ experience in import/export
- Understanding of Import/Export regulations.
- Proficient in a variety of software programs including ERP and Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
It is Advanced Group’s practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.
Employer’s Job# 479904
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.