Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60159
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Our Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions’ brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We’re known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can’t tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it’s amazing.
You will be a member of a small (1-6 person) multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and testing FPGA-based signal processing solutions for a variety of advanced software defined radio (SDR) and other platforms. You must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision and can multitask. Projects can vary greatly from one to the next, so you must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Design and implement FPGA designs used on custom SDRs and other radio platforms using VHDL or Verilog
- Develop and simulate signal processing blocks
- Implement self-checking testbenches and perform verification
- Perform synthesis, place and route and timing closure
- Work closely with hardware and software developers with a hands-on role in product integration and debugging using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc…
- Opportunity to be involved with hardware engineering tasks including design, component selection, schematics, and validation of the entire product
- Perform field testing and customer demonstrations
- Regular interaction with customers for requirements capture and design support
- Mentoring of more junior FPGA engineers
- Experience in simulation tools such as Cadence Incisive (preferred), Modelsim, etc…
- Experience in back end tools and timing closure with Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus, etc…
- Experience with develop scripts with Python, Tcl, etc
- 5+ years of experience in FPGA design using VHDL or Verilog
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT..
Employer’s Job# R1692-Schaumburg
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.