RF Software engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Small Cell RFSW is looking for an experienced research and development engineering
team member. The team can benefit from several different experienced individuals. We are searching for someone with
competency in one or more job functions. These job functions include:
– Cooperate with worldwide teams to allow the best integration/commonality for Small Cell and AirScale products
– Cooperate with system engineers, HW/SW development, suppliers and other relevant functions to solve technical issues
(quality, performance, integration)
– Communicate and review changes with RFSW team members and HW teams
– Complete understanding of the SW development process
NOKIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. AT NOKIA, EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS ARE MADE REGARDLESS OF SEX, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RACE, ETHNIC ORIGIN, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANCESTRY, PROTECTED VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR OTHER CHARACTERISTICS PROTECTED BY LAW.
– Knowledge/experience with:
– Issue Tracking (ie. pronto, jira)
– Source Control (ie. SVN, Git, Gerrit/GitLab)
– Python including object oriented programming
– Shell Scripting
– Background in cellular networks and WCDMA/LTE/5G technology
– Good spoken and written technical English
– Excellent C++ coding skills (C++11, C++14, Boost)
– Interface with other SW/FPGA components
– Write requirements, specifications and other documentation for all level of design
– Work closely with platform services SW to define/optimize device drivers for HW/SW implementation
– Communicate and review code changes with RFSW team members and HW teams
Embedded System and RF Control Development
– Design, code, implement and test functions in RFSW
– Develop continuous integration (CI) tests for new functions/features
– Ensure tests efficiency by increasing test coverage at all levels
– Management of multi-site automated test system
– Knowledge of RF testing concepts
– Familiarity with network management/topology
– RF control/programming (general RF knowledge preferred)
– Interface with various HW components including FPGA, EEPROM, RFIC (i2c, SPI)
– Packet communications protocols and switching networks
Employer’s Job# 1900000GP4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.