SMT Process Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Kay and Associates, Inc. is looking for an SMT Process Technician for contract manufacturer of circuit board assemblies, wire harnesses, and final electro-mechanical assemblies in Elk Grove Village.
Elk Grove Village, IL
TBD, depending on experience
1st shift, Monday ? Friday, 7:00AM to 3:30PM
- Ensure all the existing process equipment used within the PCB department are maintained, serviced and repaired to minimize downtime while ensuring high standards of quality
- Create or maintain all maintenance logs
- Continually develop and learn the latest equipment, process and maintenance procedures.
- Ensure all equipment software is updated to latest version
- Maintain spare parts inventory for all existing process equipment
- Monitor and verify that the machines all function in a safe and reliable manner
- Actively contribute to the justification of new equipment
- Operate equipment or work in other areas when key objectives are slow
Beneficial/ Preferred Skill Set:
2 years+ experience with and a high level of understanding of SMT/PCB and manufacturing processes including:
- SMT Screen Printing
- SMT Pick & Place
- Conveyors and Transfers
- Reflow Soldering
- Radial Placement
- Wave Flow Soldering
- Selective Soldering
- Process flow
- Process Materials (e.g., Fluxes, Solder Paste, and Solder Bar etc.)
- Oven Profiling
- Work Instructions
- Understanding of relevant procedures and engineering documentation
- Experience with hand soldering
- A good learner with skills required to develop knowledge and awareness.
- Ability to effectively train new employees in the operation and operator level maintenance of the machinery required in their role.
- Capacity to be project, routine, and task driven, focusing on critical time closures
- Ability to focus attention to detail, multi-task and plan work load effectively
- Able to stand for long periods
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Work overtime if necessary
- Good organization of work plac