Registered Nurse, Cardiology & Vascular, Evanston,
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Registered Nurse, Cardiology & Vascular, Evanston, Medical Group (69603)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse for our Medical Group Cardiology and Vascular Institute (CVI) located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM with rotation into evenings and weekends. Travel between will may be required.
In this role, you will:
- Provide nursing care services under the direction of the office Practice Manager and Physicians
- Phone triage, test results, medication refills, prior authorizations, conveying plans of care, and patient education/teaching
- Review and respond to NorthShore Connect messages from patients
- Chart in Epic
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred
- BLS/CPR certification for the Healthcare Provider required
- One year of nursing experience in an office or hospital setting required
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.