Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Geneva, IL 60134
Safety Intern (WD30082025261)
Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls PowerSolutions, is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partnerwith our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications,on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute aportfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle.Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance,and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value atevery link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communitieswe serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at .
What you willdo
Clarios invites you to applyfor an internship located in Geneva, IL. This internship is designed to provide you witha positive work/training experience and challenging objectives. Specificidentified internship responsibilities are outlined below:
How you will doit:
- Risk assessmentdevelopment with the use of FMEA’s called PHILs
- Developingmachine guarding assessments and develop Basic Attention to Equipment(BAE).The BAE will identify therequired guarding per machine to help train new hires and set clear exactionsfor the workforce.
- Lead (withassistance and oversite) machine guarding improvement projects identifiedthrough our guarding assessment
- Assist in thedevelopment and improvement of LOTO procedures along with proper labeling.
- Assist in thedevelopment of the LOTO exemption Matrix per line
- Help coordinateand manage rack repairs
- Assist inincident investigations and reporting activities
- Assist intrainings and communications: such as our safety job certifications, beginningof the week communications, compliance training.
- Conduct SafetyCompliance audits, safety observations and hand checks.
- Other safety relatedtask as assigned.
Duration: This will be year roundinternship starting immediately – will work with your schedule if needed.
What we lookfor
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Safety, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or Engineering.
- GPA 3.0
- Flexible Hours/ 2 day a week minimum requirement / willingness to work off shifts on occasion
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills required
- Basic Computer skills: Such as Excel and Word
About Clarios’ Internship/Co-OpProgram:
During your assignment with Clarios, you may have a varietyof developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as,roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops,networking events, and community activities.No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptionalopportunities that help you explore diverse career paths!For more information on our company, a listof other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.