Sr. Route Development Manager - Chicago, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Sr. Route Development Manager.
In this role, the Sr. Route Development Manager will:
- Work collaboratively with sales and management staff in each market to develop and close new business
- Work with Product Managers to develop effective service offerings requested by customers
- Produce and distribute reports on each lane identifying process and timelines governing both imports and exports on target lanes
Summary of Key Accountabilities:
- Maintain and report to management, Target Accounts status in assigned markets.
- Work with other Route Development Managers to share information on accounts and carrier developments.
- Work closely with top customers in assigned trade lane to ensure customer satisfaction and other potential development.
- Review, analyze and maintain management reports on Trade Lane volumes and yield performance.
- Assist domestic field sales staff in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFQs), preparing presentations and monitoring sales leads and responses.
- Maintain active working pricing modules for assigned trade lanes.
- Maintain current office profiles of assigned trade lanes.
- Develop and implement sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Maintain strong knowledge of Company’s current products and services.
- Visit existing and potential customers to enhance knowledge of local office operations and personnel.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline preferred
- Minimum five years related experience
Additional Skills and Experience that Contribute to Success:
- In-depth knowledge of domestic transportation, logistics and supply chain concepts
- Experienced in the use of TMS (Transportation Management Systems) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Knowledgeable in all modes of transportation and their costs attributes
- Strong knowledge of all products and services
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive relationships
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Basic understanding and experience in project management methodologies
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition
- Computer literate and intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications
- Read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.