Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Woodridge, IL 60517
Kay and Associates is seeking a?Maintenance Technician?for a client company in Woodridge, IL.
Will perform various tasks to determine operability of equipment and troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment to make repairs. The mechanic will be involved in general maintenance of the facility which includes hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical installations and repairs as necessary.
This position is expected to be on a contract basis, lasting between 2 – 3 months.
Woodridge, IL (near I-55 and 355)
$14.00 – $16.00 / HR (DOE)
- Perform minor mold and loading board repairs. (Replace any broken or missing screws, bolts, hinges or tabs, guides or bushings
- Interface with engineering to replace or repair damaged cavities
- Maintain safe and organized storage of all molds, loaders and pin plates
- All other duties as assigned
- Observe press close and open. KO up and down for any malfunction. Replace any broken damaged or missing screws, nuts, bolts, etc. Correct or report any malfunction.
- Interface with maintenance department to correct any major press problems.
- The person in this position spends approximately 40% if their time standing, 35% of their time walking, 10% of their time bending and crouching and 5% of their time sitting
- The person must be able to lift, push, pull or slide up to 100lbs several times daily
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months’ experience in production machine maintenance, preferably in rubber molding and/or processing
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Familiarity with mold construction and disassembly, welding
- Ability to work with hand power tools
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
- Experience with hydraulics and electrical systems
NOTE: Any offer of employment is contingent on passing a drug test and criminal background screen prior to starting