Special Counsel - Placement Team Operations Coordi
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60604
Special Counsel – Placement Team Operations Coordinator – Chicago, IL
The Coordinator provides support to the local office as well as other legal division colleagues, as assigned. For local office, acts as reception for clients and candidates, and provides general administrative support.
LOCAL OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES (Representing approximately 20% of primary duties):
- Greets and directs applicants and visitors with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ascertains the nature of incoming calls, accurately records messages, and transfers calls as necessary.
- Maintains office supply and equipment inventory, including ordering, handling returns/exchanges, and payments with vendors and coordinating the delivery, return, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists Sales Team with processing client credit checks; scanning, filing and maintaining client contracts
- Assist with new colleague hire set-ups; plan branch networking & community service events
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Additionally, will be assigned at least one of the following specialty areas (Representing approximately 80% of primary duties):
ASSOCIATE PAYROLL SUPPORT:
- Responsible for all Associate payroll activities, nationally.
- Complete weekly timesheet & payroll activities within company and federal/state compliance requirements.
- Proactively follow-up with Associates by phone and email to account for missing timesheets.
- Process expense reports and sick leave requests and other exception time.
- Complete other Associate setup changes such as tax withholding and direct deposit changes.
- Respond to and complete other payroll related reporting such as holiday and unemployment claim requests.
- Complete quality audits and other compliance requirements as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries, counsel and resolve Associate payroll and assignment issues.
- Liaison between Associates, branch and support departments such as Client Services & Associate Payroll.
- Responsible for Associate onboarding and placement activities.
- Send, receive & validate new hire and rehire onboarding paperwork.
- Complete drug screenings, credit & background checks.
- Complete I-9 and E-Verify processes.
- Handle back office placements in Bullhorn.
- Proactively communicate onboarding information and updates with Associates and internal parties.
- Liaison between Associates, branch and support departments such as Client Services.
- Handle initial prescreening for potential candidates; schedule interviews, conduct reference checks, maintain shared inboxes, upload resumes
- Research, track and pull new marketing leads for sales teams.
- Create, post and refresh all job listings to internal and external job boards; manage social media and blog postings
PERM PLACEMENT SUPPORT:
- Handles processing of all direct hire placements in front and back office
- Update and maintain national DNR lists
- First escalation point for all client payment follow-ups; maintain payment and commission tracking calendars
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of six (6) months prior office experience required.
- Resourcefulness to seek information to make decisions and solve problems.
- Professional judgement to know when to escalate or ask for help.
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan to achieve results.
- Skilled in communicating effectively and timely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and lasting working relationships.
- Exceptional customer service skills to ability to deliver outstanding experiences to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.