Administrative Assistant - Float Pool
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Administrative Assistant – Float Pool
The clerical float pool provides administrative support for departments during peak workloads, the absence of staff and the vacancy of a position. Individuals must be flexible to participate. Float Pool staff will work in various departments throughout the hospital on an as needed basis with no guaranteed hours.
Administrative Job Functions:
- Provides advanced administrative assistance to clinical and/or operational initiatives.
- Manages calendars and coordinates meetings for leadership/faculty.
- Develops itineraries for faculty recruitment visits; coordinates travel; arranges internal and external meetings to include venue selection, catering requirements, and all relative logistics.
- Develops meeting materials, agendas, and meeting notes upon request.
- Produces correspondence, reports, and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Reconciles purchasing card, submits expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests.
- Practices project management; work task breakdowns, prioritization, scheduling, budgeting and delegating.
- Streamlines office workflows for maximum efficiency of work group or team.
- Assists with budget data maintenance and information distribution among administrators/directors.
- Orients and coaches other Administrative Professionals (AP) across the organization and/or lead committees specific to AP work.
- Manages department lists and directories; creates and maintains departmental organization charts.
- Leads medium to large scale projects and performs other duties inherent to a successful project.
- Other job functions as assigned.
Clinical Job Functions:
- Partners with clinicians to support a subspecialty program’s patients throughout their care pathway. This position will assist in patient onboarding and program specific initiation activities, scheduling initial visits and related testing (when appropriate) and scheduling follow up appointments and procedures as deemed appropriate by the clinical team.
- Supports the coordination of the subspecialties clinical meetings by creating agendas, taking minutes, identifying administrative tasks to support patient needs.
- Maintains program-specific content for Divisional website (Lurie and NU) and works with appropriate departments to update content routinely. Collaborates with Marketing to create and distribute marketing/promotional materials.
- Partners with central scheduling and registration teams to manage the request for service workqueues associated with their subspecialty focus.
- Coordinates complex patient schedules involving multiple departments and providers, including appointments at affiliate organizations and outreach sites.
- Function as liaison between patients, families and the clinical team. Assist families in navigating the Lurie system. This could include working in clinic, meeting with families to go over appointment scheduling and follow-up visits and coordinating with ancillary departments.
- Collaborates with central registration to ensure patients have updated insurance information, prior authorization is initiated in advance of the rendered service, and referrals are obtained, if appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 3+ years’ in a comparable role. Hospital or physician office experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and professional.
- Solid time management / problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize work to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with accuracy and minimal direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; advanced proficiency in Outlook required.
- Ability to develop and sustain a professional relationship with staff and all levels of leadership.
- Must display a high level of integrity and appropriately manage confidential information, meeting all compliance standards.