Senior Director/Vice President, Procurement
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
IAA is seeking a Senior Director/ Vice President of?Procurement who?owns the preparation, review, negotiation, and administering of contracts and purchase orders for the company.
Founded in 1982, IAA, Inc., certified as a Great Place to Work?, is the leading live and live-online salvage vehicle auction company. IAA is headquartered in Westchester, IL and employs over 3,500 employees in more than 170 auction facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Plans, directs, and controls the organization?s vendor negotiations and analysis
- Develops and carries out strategies, policies, and procedures for the procurement of spend for the entire organization
- Prepares and administers contracts and purchase orders with specific vendors
- Sources and compares bids from vendor and determines to whom contracts will be awarded
- Evaluates vendor proposals to ensure that all requirements are met
- Establishes strong relationships with vendors, facilitates communication, and works to ensure production and delivery targets are met
- Evaluates competence of vendors and reviews their invoices for accuracy
- Leads the evaluation of suppliers and works to reduce vendor risk by developing scorecards and analyzing vendor performance
- Direct efforts to improve supply chain efficiency, maintains product quality standards, and reduces costs
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, operations or related field required
- Makes decisions with integrity that align with organizations code of conduct and financial best interest
- Sourcing ability to locate vendors
- Extensive knowledge of contract principles and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strategic sourcing experience required
Education Experience: Bachelor’s Level Degree?
Years of Related Experience: 5-10 Years
License/Certificate Required: Yes
Driver’s License Required: No
Travel Requirements: 25%
Age Requirement: 18+
- Three years of full-time experience in vendor negotiations, company expense analysis and leading procurement activities for an organization (public or private)
- Experience with procurement and vendor management systems
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO