Senior Director, Internal Audit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
IAA is seeking a?Senior Director, Internal Audit who is the leader of IAA’s Internal Audit team and has overall ownership of performing financial and compliance audits. The Senior Director, Internal Audit will lead the implementation of initiatives and strategy to safeguard the company’s resources, and foster organizational growth while remaining compliant with government laws and regulations.?
Founded in 1982, IAA, Inc., certified as a Great Place to Work?, is the leading live and live-online salvage vehicle auction company. IAA is headquartered in Westchester, IL and employs over 3,500 employees in more than 170 auction facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Ensure compliance with requirements mandated under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Developing and delivering of the company audit plan
Researching, recommending and implementing methodology changes to improve internal audit efficiencies as well as address changes in internal audit standards and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring regulatory environment for risks that may impact the company
- Implementing cross-functional collaboration with other teams across Finance and the IAA organization
- Conducting end to end planning of internal audit engagements including deriving the appropriate level of objectives and scope for each audit, estimating budget, and managing the successful delivery of audit plans
- Leading the function of conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers
- Drafting written audit reports and sharing audit findings and recommendations with management and soliciting appropriate remediation plans
- Preparing and Manage Internal Audit budget
- Serving as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the enterprise risk management process
- Facilitating and advising with internal investigations
- Communicating with audit committee, Board of Directors and external auditors
- Maintaining continuing education requirements and introducing continuous improvement to the Internal Audit function by applying technical and professional knowledge gained
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting or business related field from an accredited college or university
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and SOX requirements
- Ability to conduct quality control reviews of audit work products and supervise audit team members
- Extensive experience conducting operational and financial audits, and risk assessments at a large, multi-national public company
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines?
- Ability to effectively and confidently discuss audit findings and/or control gaps with leadership and develop business-focused recommendations to strengthen controls
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a fast-paced culture, changes in the environment and shifts in priorities
- Certified Public Accountant
Education Experience: Bachelor’s Level Degree?
Years of Related Experience: 5-10 Years
License/Certificate Required: Yes
Driver’s License Required: No
Travel Requirements: 25%
Age Requirement: 18+
- Eight years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including four years supervisory or project management experience
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor
Potential Feeder Positions:?
- Director, Finance
Potential Future Positions:?
- Vice President, Finance
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO