Director, Global Tax
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
IAA is seeking a Director of?Global Tax who oversees IAA’s policies and objectives. This role will manage reporting and planning, ensure compliance with tax statutes (where applicable) and maintain accuracy of tax returns to minimize the company’s tax obligations. The Director, Global Tax will be instrumental in creating functional strategies, budgets, policies, tax planning and procedures to support IAA’s functional infrastructure.
Founded in 1982, IAA, Inc., certified as a Great Place to Work?, is the leading live and live-online salvage vehicle auction company. IAA is headquartered in Westchester, IL and employs over 3,500 employees in more than 170 auction facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Oversees all aspects of the IAA?s international, federal, state, and local indirect tax planning and compliance
- Technical review of all tax returns; business, individual, estates and trusts
- Exhibits strong technical knowledge of accounting and reporting standards?
- Develops and implements critical processes necessary to achieve accurate and timely reporting
- Implement cross-functional collaboration with other teams across Finance and the IAA organization
- Reviews returns and disclosures for appropriateness in form, content, completeness, and accuracy
- Researches complex tax issues using internet based research tools and communicate the results of that research clearly
- Identifies tax risk management issues and proposes potential solutions
- Stays current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impacts on the business
- Oversees all tax related SEC reporting matters including disclosures and footnotes
- 10+ years recent public accounting experience with a concentration in tax; Most recent position experience as a manager/director
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as with external advisors
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to hit the ground running to make an immediate impact
- Preferred income tax experience with public accounting ?Big 4? and/or a large multinational corporation.
- Robust understanding of international and multi-state structuring and transfer pricing analysis
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in accounting or Master?s Degree in Tax?
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Tax regulations
- Certified Public Accountant
Education Experience: Bachelor’s Level Degree?
Years of Related Experience: Over 10 Years
License/Certificate Required: Yes
Driver’s License Required: No
Travel Requirements: 25%
Age Requirement: 18+
- 5 years of supervisory or management experience preferred
Potential Feeder Positions:?
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Senior Manager, Assistant US Controller
Potential Future Positions:?
- Vice President, Corporate Controller
- Senior Director, US Controller
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO