Senior Director, Media & External Communications
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
IAA, Inc. is searching for a Senior Director of Media & External Communications to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Westchester, IL
Founded in 1982, IAA, Inc. is one of the leading North American salvage auto auctions. We have exclusive focus on the automotive total-loss industry and over 150 corporate owned facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide Sellers and Buyers with the best solution to process and acquire total-loss, recovered-theft, fleet lease, dealer trade-in and collision damaged rental vehicles.
The role is responsible for developing and executing a company-wide media and communications strategy that elevates the profile of the company while effectively sharing information.? This includes working across the company?s business units to identify and cultivate newsworthy content and prioritizing pipeline content consistent with the company strategy, position and messaging.?? Incumbent is a strong and creative leader with extensive experience and a demonstrated track record of delivering a full range of integrated marketing, public relations and communications programs and activities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to the following):
- Responsible for overseeing the company?s primary public relations agency and coordinating the activities of the company?s international subsidiaries and geographies.
- Draft/edit press releases in collaboration with agency; pitching stories and executives to local, national and international media with agency.
- Ensure all PR activities provide appropriate attribution to IAA and consistently communicate the company?s strategy while accounting for local priorities and initiatives.
- Manages all day-to-day media relations activities as primary company contact person; responding to reporter inquiries; meeting with editors, reporters, bloggers and other journalists on background; and hosting small and large scale media events.
- Create new content strategies to drive awareness, build brand recognition, increase overall revenue
- Promote company strategy and goals through innovative content as well as supporting marketing and brand efforts.
- Manage overall content calendar while working in collaboration with production and social media manager.
- Oversee internal communications, responsible for creating internal communications strategy by working with senior managers and departments.
- Develop (through an understanding of the company?s goals and values) messaging and positioning, events, product launches, etc. that need to be shared with the internal constituents.?
- Oversees management of intranet tool ? Simpplr.
- Four-year college degree with emphasis in Public Relations or Communications preferred, MBA a plus.
- 10 plus years? business to business marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in all major communications areas: public relations, presentation/speaker writing, communications strategies (internal & external), presentation messaging, corporate and brand messaging, etc.
- Exceptional proficiency in MSOffice Suite; Power Point.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; excellent project management skills.
- Ability to function at a high level in position that relies heavily on input and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Creativity, resiliency and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Demonstrate experience managing a team, including staff, consultants and/or vendors.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO