Senior Brand Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
SUMMARY: The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing, business management and communications strategy in a manner that supports consistent growth and plan delivery while enhancing brand equity for Mizkan’s Bertolli brand in the Sauce business unit. The position is responsible for achieving such objectives as planned net sales, operating income and share growth; growing consumption; and driving innovation across the business. In addition, the position will be responsible for commercialization, project management, innovation, portfolio strategy, category management, communications and new business proposition development. The role must demonstrate leadership as a member of Mizkan America Marketing Leadership Team while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, collaboration, mutual support and Mizkan style values within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serves as the “hub of the wheel” for all brand and cross functional activities impacting the 4Ps
· Develop and lead execution of a comprehensive brand plan that supports growth and profit objectives
- Annual Plan: Define and gain alignment on key brand metrics for fiscal year Consumer & Category Insights: Gain a deep understanding of
the consumer and category and transform them into insights and opportunities to grow the brand.
- Category & Portfolio Strategy: Define and size category and portfolio strategies; consider both category and portfolio strategies when
drafting annual brand plan.
- Brand activation: Develop campaign idea, brief agencies, and lead Integrated Marketing Team (IMT) to activate against, including
definition and measurement of KPIs.
· Define the positioning of the brand and the consumer to whom the brand is targeted; ensure that all brand communication delivers on the brand position and addresses the consumer target.
· Financial management: Develop and manage all aspects of marketing budget and brand P&L.
- Recommend marketing programs that improve ROI
- Ensure plans meet or beat established budgets.
- Target cost reduction initiatives to maintain or improve brand GM%
· Product Innovation & Renovation and Commercialization Project Management
- Define innovation & renovation strategies and manage implementation by leading cross functional team
- Collaborate with Innovation lead to develop a 3-5 year innovation pipeline Develop commercialization plans to support
· Pricing Strategy: Define and adjust pricing strategy and guidelines in collaboration with trade marketing
· Coach and mentor associate brand manager(s) to foster professional development and success
· Establish brand guidelines and masterbrand operating principals to ensure cohesive positioning of the brand across all licensed categories
- Lead global brand summits to ensure that all Bertolli brand licensed partners are adhering to guidelines and leveraging potential synergies
to support brand.
- Be the key contact for all licensed partners and facilitate seamless communication among them.
· Oversee relationship with Licensee partners of the Bertolli brand, reinforcing compliance with masterbrand guidelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA preferred
· Minimum 6-8 years of classical experience in marketing and marketing communications, preferably in the CPG food industry with a well-known brand or company
· Experience managing one or more brands
· Experience managing and executing key elements of brand plans including strategy, selling and executing
· Strong business acumen and analytical skills;
· Strong sense of urgency
· Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
· Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Willingness to coach and mentor associate brand managers to foster professional development and success