Senior Director, Real World Data Strategy & Alliances
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60065
Purpose & Scope:
This position will lead a small group within Advanced Informatics and Analytics (AIA) center of excellence responsible for interfacing with the global functions (drug discovery, translational medicine, development, medical affairs, strategic marketing, and patient experience) to identify their Real World Data (RWD) needs, and coordinate Astellas acquisition of needed data through data licenses and developing partnerships and alliances. This includes education on emerging data landscape and sources (including rich clinical data and various types of omic data as well as patient experience and satisfaction) and translating these high-level business needs into a multi-year data acquisition strategy and road map; and working with AIA Administration to implement that road map.
In addition to supporting use cases for global functions, the role will also have responsibility for establishing and maintaining the innovative uses of RWD and capabilities to support those uses within the function and more broadly throughout Astellas.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a global team (both in scope and location) responsible for interfacing with key global functions throughout Astellas — personnel located across multiple geographies
- Leads educating Astellas’ global functions (e.g., Drug discovery research, Global marketing strategy, Project and portfolio strategy, Global development, Global medical affairs, etc.) on appropriate RWD use cases to meet their future business needs— scoping data acquisition strategy and roadmap to ensure access to appropriate data when needed.
- Lead the efforts to identify critical gaps within the current RWD data assets and alliances, and develops / builds external partnerships to solve
- Develops knowledge of and access to leading RWD and Big Data industry innovations for Astellas across all global functions and potential use cases; responsible for integrating emerging data sources into key AIA initiatives within the AIA function and more broadly at Astellas as appropriate
- Raise Astellas external recognition through thought leadership in the RWD and analytics application space and represents Astellas at key public policy and health data initiatives, committee’s and conferences across the globe.
- This role will have direct impact on operating budgets for new real-world data asset development in support of Astellas corporate strategic plan — leadership in new sources and use cases of patient data tailoring our therapies for new value.
This position reports directly to Astellas’ head of the AIA function and will have responsibility for a group of approximately two (2) spread across multiple geographies to support their business partners. Initially the entire RWDSA function will include a mix of internal and external (contract resources). With demonstrated success in the initial build out and expansion to as support for more diverse geographies, therapeutic areas and additional RWI demands, the organization could grow.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years related experience with 8+ years in pharmaceutical / biotech
- Prior leadership position in pharmaceutical development, HEOR, analytics, new product planning, strategy or similar function
- Technical knowledge in related competencies including RWD data types, sources, common analytic use cases, and methods
- Cross-functional knowledge of pharmaceutical lifecycle, especially R&D and new product planning and resultant analytic needs (applications, methods, tools)
- Knowledge and network of personal connections across external RWD / Big Data partner and innovative use case landscape
- Creative construction, negotiation and mobilization of multi-stakeholder partnerships and commercial arrangements
- Knowledge of compliance, privacy and safety pertinent to real-world data analytics
- Demonstrated history of presenting and publishing on the evolving health data landscape and how emerging data sources support enhanced drug development
- Advanced degree
- Prior consulting experience in RWD
- Experience with real world informatics across multiple geographies
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Advanced Informatics & Analytics