Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoopeston, IL 60942
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Formally assess family needs, determining with the family what approaches can best help them achieve self-sufficiency, including formal goal development. Review goals with families regularly & celebrate achievements.
2. Recruit & enroll children to maintain enrollment to include a minimum of 25 new complete applications at the end of each program year.
3. Provide information regarding (and help families access) agency & community services and a medical and dental home which families may benefit from.
4. Provide direct services such as informal counseling, transportation, advocacy, etc. as requested and needed by the family.
5. Maintain accurate and confidential records of all family and child contacts and interventions according to established agency procedure.
6. Ensure parental rights are upheld, including securing written consents. Maintain & update child individual health records.
7. Work with parents to resolve family or child related emergencies as they arise.
8. Follow-up daily on unexcused & irregular attendance.
9. Assist families in meeting all health requirements and identified family health needs, complete dental follow up with children as needed; securing medical cards and providing transportation.
10. Follow-up on all assessments, referrals, and treatments and inform parents of outcomes.
11. Encourage parent involvement by helping plan and carry out center committee meetings, parent orientation, and all parent communication. Also encourage parent volunteers.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Requires Associate’s Degree in Social Work or a related field, or equivalent training and development.
2. Requires a valid Illinois driver’s license.
3. Requires at least two years verifiable experience in a human services setting.
4. Requires knowledge of human services programs and available community resources.
5. Interpersonal skills to relate well to children, coworkers, parents, and the community.
6. Requires basic familiarity of computerized record keeping methods.
7. Requires certification as a Family & Community Development Specialist within one year of employment.
8. Requires the ability to travel over night or longer to meetings, training, or work-sites as required.
9. Must pass all criminal background clearances.
10. Ability to speak Spanish desired.
Provide information, training, education, and other services that engage and empower families and communities to become self-sufficient.
East Central Illinois Community Action Agency
Duties & Responsibilities Cont.:
12. Accurately complete and submit all required forms and reports in a timely manner.
13. Conduct all required screenings within 45 days of child’s enrollment.
14. Assist with transition, male involvement, health nutrition, mental health, transportation, special
needs, and other service components.
15. Function as classroom substitute teacher as needed.
16. Assist families in application for All Kids and other health care payment.
17. Actively participate in daily classroom routines, especially during transition and meal times.
18. Actively engage with children whenever they are present.
19. Work with contracted transportation staff to ensure the safe arrival and departure of children to and from home.
20. Meet weekly as a classroom team to plan for the following weeks activities.
21. Discuss daily schedule plans and needs of children and families.
22. Conduct Agency intake activities for Agency services. Complete Agency intake applications for all
services. Process application and determine eligibility ensuring the process results in a responsive
outcome for approved families.
23. Willing to be observed and accept feedback from an assigned mentor. Willing set literacy goals and
try new ideas and teaching strategies.
24. Embrace the confidentiality policy of the Agency by protecting the dignity of customers and not
divulging information about children, families, other employees of the Agency to anyone other
that the persons who are authorized to receive such information.
25. Track family and child information for PR.
26. Review and maintain 10 children files per month.
27. To monitor one’s own job performance, follow agency procedures, standards of conduct and confidentiality by providing high quality early childhood services, completing all record keeping and reporting requirements in a careful and accurate manner, acting with professionalism with customers and staff.
28. Actively participate in carrying out he mission of the Agency by participating in training and staff meetings.
29. Perform other duties as assigned.