Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60505
Job Title: Dispatcher Ride-In-Kane
Department: Main office
Location: 80 N. Broadway, Aurora, IL
Reports to: Program Manager Ride-In-Kane
Position Details: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, 20-25 hours per week.
Under the direction of the Program Manager of Ride-In-Kane, responsible for day-to-day operations of Ride-In-Kane service. Work requires good judgement, initiative and ability to organize work efficiently and work well with the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Aurora Township policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for reviewing/adjusting available schedules.
- Responsible for printing next day manifest for drivers daily.
- Determine Title 20 client eligibility daily.
- Issue No Show/Late Cancel notices daily.
- Attend necessary daily reconciliation of drivers schedules.
Templating regular subscription passengers on the daily schedules.
- Data entry of daily mileage and fuel, of confirmed registrants.
- Communicating with repair shop to ensure vehicles are being serviced as required by PACE.
- Monitoring of Trapeze to ensure all Drivers are on schedule and make adjustments when needed.
- Communicate in person or by phone with Drivers regarding daily schedule deviations and client needs.
- Provide directions to and from various locations in Aurora and the surrounding area.
- Arrange coverage for drivers/ time off.
Communicate in person or by phone with Call Center regarding daily schedule deviations and client needs including emergencies.
- Determining client eligibility, registration of those clients that are eligible, referring those that are not to another possible source of transportation.
- Scheduling and adjusting of subscription rides.
- Managing and investigating client complaints and concerns.
Contact Call Center and follow-up on registrations.
- Provide coverage for front desk when needed, answer phones, and greet clients.
- Interpret for Spanish speaking client via phone or at the front door as needed.
- Experience with a background in public transportation, scheduling and dispatching.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Trapeze routing software.
- Knowledge of Aurora and the surrounding area.
- Working Knowledge of PACE ADA service.
- Requires ability to pass an in-depth criminal background and drug screen.
- Ability to speak and write the Spanish language at a colloquial level preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Use hands to feel, touch, grasp or grip objects or handles; sit at a computer and use a keyboard. Talk or hear (normal or corrected).
Rotate body from a sitting position, perform repetitive movements, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds, walk and move around, reach overhead with hands and arms, stand.
Vision requirements of this job include:
Constant observation, peripheral vision.
Computer, printer, fax machine, phones.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office environment, indoors and air conditioned.