SAT/ACT Tutor & instructor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60614
About the role:
At Academic Approach, we value the worth of learning for all individuals, and we work to rethink and reshape the role of standardized testing in a student’s education journey. This starts with highly personalized 1-on-1 instruction or classroom instruction consisting of up to 20 – 25 students that focuses on building skills that will last beyond the college admissions process.
Join our diverse team of highly-skilled Tutors and start making an impact today!
Enjoy the support of Academic Approach’s expert directors, in-depth training, and extensive, rigorously designed print and online curriculum (all created in house). We are confident that you will raise scores, build skills, and empower students to achieve their goals.
• You’ll work with?the?tutor or instructor support team?to create a schedule that fits your life. 1-on-1 tutoring occurs after school or on weekends, with some weekday hours available as well. Instructors are scheduled during the school hours to work in school programs.
Meaningfully impact students’ lives:
• Benefit from Academic Approach’s eighteen-year history and expertise in supporting students.
• The test growth your students will experience may be the difference-maker in earning admission to their dream university or a scholarship that makes attending college a reality.
• Tutors delivering 1-on-1 tutoring will learn to offer highly personalized test preparation solutions one student at a time, tailoring instruction to the unique needs of each student.
• Instructors create a dynamic and inclusive classroom environment for students that encourages student engagement and creative thinking.
In-person, paid training?with individualized test preparation curriculum:
• Work with veteran tutors, instructors and other staff members to hone your teaching skills, master relevant content, and develop your own individual tutoring and teaching style.
• You’ll receive our?industry-leading?curriculum to use with your students, but you’ll also learn how to use student data to customize your approach so that no two programs look alike.
• After training, enjoy various opportunities for professional development and other activities that help us build community in our organization.
Full-time and internal growth opportunities available:
• Pay starts at $30 for tutors and $40 for instructors per instruction hour, and Academic Approach offers semi-annual reviews to discuss potential growth and professional development opportunities.
• Our most successful?tutors?have been with us for over a decade.
• Full-time tutors?qualifying for benefits receive medical, vision, dental, and 401(k).?
• Many of?our successful tutors?have?transitioned into full-time roles in various departments.
Are you an educator or considering a career in education?
• Many of our instructors are pursuing education careers and appreciate having the chance to hone their instructional skills. Others come to us from a classroom teaching background and love the alternative teaching experience.
• Programs will take place in the Chicagoland area.
What makes for a great Academic Approach instructor??
• A bachelor’s degree in any subject or major?
• High standardized test scores in English,?reading,?math, or science
• Excellent communication skills?
• Some experience in teaching, mentoring, or leadership
• Responsibility, honesty, maturity, and empathy
• Friendliness, patience, and sensitivity to students of varying backgrounds