Recovery Specialist - -Rochelle
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61603
Human Service Center is a not-for-profit community agency that provides mental health and substance use treatment services for those in need within our community
Job Description:The individual in this position provides clinical services as prescribed by the program or situational requirements. Basic clinical services are counseling to the individual, group services, harm reduction techniques, and case management. In addition, couple or family work may be provided. As a part of the treatment process, assessment and re-assessment are consumer-centered and ongoing. The Individual will also provide clinical documentation that reflects the consumers’ story, efforts, and progress made. Information is gathered throughout the intake and treatment process and integrated into a coherent and dynamic understanding of the consumer. Communication by the individual in this position is honest, open, and respectful. Communication is necessary among all members of the agency and with the people we serve. We demonstrate interest in the viewpoint of others and pay close attention to information provided.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience in behavioral health
- IL criminal fingerprint background check.
- Current Illinois driver’s license with an insurable driving record and vehicle.
- Work in a team environment to provide group, individual, and case management.-Willing and able to work with a diverse population.
Prefer a Master’s degree in a behavioral healthcare field with eligibility to be licensed, or someone with a CADC
Knowledge of medications to treat opiate addiction
. Knowledge of evidence based practices, particularly Motivational Interviewing and CBT
- Case management experience with community-based systems working with adults with serious mental illness and/or substance use.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision in various community-based settings and working in a team environment.
- Master’s degree in behavioral healthcare field.
- Computer experience in a Window’s based environment a must.
- Hours are M-F 7-330 with 1 Saturday every 6-7 weeks (930-11).
Human Service Center offers a competitive benefit package which includes paid time off, group medical, 403(b) retirement plan as well as company paid life insurance and short/long term disability.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.