IS-Developer Analyst III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northfield, IL 60093
Medline is America’s largest privately held national manufacturer and distributor of health care supplies and services. Today, Medline manufactures and distributes more than 350,000 medical products, encompassing medical-surgical items and one of the largest textile lines in the industry. With seven manufacturing facilities in North America and over 25 joint venture manufacturing plants worldwide, along with 40 plus distribution centers, Medline posted over $10 billion revenue last year.
We are seeking IS-Developer Analysts III to join our office in Northfield, IL. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions for our web commerce initiatives. Individuals will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of computer science and engineering principles and concepts, as well as experience with working in the entire development lifecycle for an application, to perform the duties of the position.
The challenging responsibilities of the position includes:
• Develop extensions to our web commerce environment to support a variety of business and commerce needs.
• Responsibility for detailed design, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software in their technical area and toolset. Serves as an IS point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product, functional and technical area.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
• Adhere to established coding standards and participate in code reviews
• Produce detailed unit test results
• Adhere to IS Department policies best practices.
• Work successfully within an iterative SDLC environment
• Ability to facilitate design meetings with users, management and architects.
• Analyzes production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
• Follows and helps to establish development standards.
• Creates and delivers documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts.
This position does not supervise the work of any other employees.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Sciences, Computer or Software Engineering, or any related IT field of study, plus at least 5 (five) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in any related position(s). Employer will accept a foreign degree.
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge, skill and experience with the following:
1. Java based web applications
3. PL SQL
• Job Site: Medline Industries, Inc., Three Lakes Drive, Northfield, IL 60093.
• No travel; no telecommuting.
• Mail Resumes To: ATTN: HR, Medline Industries, Inc., Three Lakes Drive, Northfield, IL 60093.
• No calls or emails. EOE.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.