Chief Information Security Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chief Information Security Officer
The Chief Information Security Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives. The Chief Information Security Officer directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT system, business operation, and facility defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues. This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems, while directing the administration of security policies, activities, and standards.
Major Position Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in governance processes of the organization’s security strategies
- Develop and communicate security strategies and plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT Risk-based spending and initiatives
- Assist with the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements
- Lead strategic security planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing defense initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future security technologies using a risk-based assessment methodology
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices
Acquisition & Deployment
- Define and communicate corporate plans, procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new security systems, equipment, software, and other technologies
- Act as advocate and primary liaison for the company’s security vision via regular written and in-person communications with the company’s executives, department heads, and end users
- Work closely with global IT teams on corporate technology development to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems
- Ensure the administration of all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software are completed
- Ensure the administration of the facility’s security systems and their corresponding equipment or software, including fire alarms, locks, intruder detection systems, sprinkler systems, and anti-theft measures are sufficient.
- Develop, track, and control the security services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Recommend and implement changes in security policies and practices in accordance with changes in local or federal law
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to security problems in a cost-effective manner
- Assess and communicate any and all security risks associated with any and all purchases or practices performed by the company
- Collaborate with IT leader, defined privacy roles and human resources to establish and maintain a system for ensuring that security and privacy policies are met
- Promote and oversee strategic security relationships between internal resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance and financial impact
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in one these fields or Information Security preferred.
- Certifications in one or more of CISM, OSCP, CISSP, CGEIT preferred
- 5+ years experience managing and/or directing an IT and/or security operation.
- 3+ years experience working in the manufacturing industry.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, and developing IT security and facility security system technologies.
- Experience in planning and executing security policies and standards development.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including information security, building security, and defense solutions.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including Office 365, ERP systems, SharePoint and Operational Technologies (OT).
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving security problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to security and privacy.
- Proven leadership ability.
- 25-50% travel within the U.S and internationally.
- Proficiency in English.
- Mandarin, German and other languages a plus.
- This position is based in the US
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/g2kn9pjy4mxnfz9c